Aug 14, 2012

Taking Courage

There are so many days
That when I am following
The lead that I am given 
If I can just take one of leap of faith
To be strong, to take courage
I am so fully blessed.

Straight ahead
Running the race
Takes perseverance
And a good dose of fortitude
To press on.


I thought courage was for someone else
Someone who was a clear leader
Someone with great strength
Not someone like me

But the way God has changed me
Takes me from emptying myself
to heart that is overflowing
And bit by bit there is such freedom

Because all I am lacking
Is given as I look up
To the One who redeems
Who never leaves
Who restores and renews

And truly already has the plans
Laid out for my life
The God of the universe
Of the mountains and the seas

Loves me so completely
That he concerns Himself
With every detail of my life
The One who knew me
Before I was even given life 

And so what else could
My response be
But heartfelt praise
And deep gratitude.

Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you."
Deuteronomy 31:5-7

No comments: