Apr 23, 2009

REMAINING IN HIM


You don’t allow me to stay stuck very long
Tears stream down my face when I realize
How hard I am just trying to hold in all together
For the benefit of everyone else.

And then I sit here in the dark
In the silence
And feel your presence
Enveloping my soul.

Always in your presence
But especially in pain
I feel the gateway to comfort
Slowly, quietly like a whisper, You come.

No matter the circumstance
I feel your love covering me
With an intensity that won’t let me go.

Sometimes I can only whisper the prayers
And sometimes they don’t come at all
But still, I come, because I know I’ll find you
I seek, because I know I find
All that I need

I am certain through this life of faith
That through perseverance
I have more of an ability to endure

Because you never leave.


Whether I am tasting a cup of sorrow
Or drinking with vitality your joy
You have taught me so well
To remain in you.

Through every assurance and failure
Through every sin and triumph
Through every twist in the road
Through every straight highway

All of it ends at the same place
All of it, every moment, every breath
Leads me back to you.



I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

1 comment:

KelliGirl said...

Yes! Every pain leads us back to Him. Jerry, I feel the place you're writing from.Yesterday in church as I sat in the congregation, I felt enveloped in the womb of Jesus. I had such peace and rest and comfort. Without Jesus where are we? How do we travel through the valleys and darkness?

We'll never have it all togther. Our goal is not to become perfect Christians, it's to know Who is perfect. It's to continually acknowledge our need for a savior and for that knowledge to instill a thirst in us that burns for Him.

Eyes on Him, always on Him.

Blessings, my friend,
Kelli