Dec 26, 2012

Wonder

There is wonder and simply a gloriousness
As I hear the Christmas stoary again this year
For there is brilliance that has come after the darkness
There is pure joy is overflowing, as a result of God's redeeming love

And I am left in awe and wonder
Yet there is something deep inside that cries out--
If I am living in the illuminating light that surrounds
How will that make life different for me?
What will I do with all that has happened?

And yet, I think of Mary and that precious baby
That was born to save us from all our sins
And nothing really can ever be the same
Because God continually challenges me
To make more room and to bear witness

If the shepherds, or the angels, or the wise men
Had kept quiet and kept the awesome gift of Christ's birth
A quiet secret that was kept among themselves
The story would not have played out quite the same way

So if I'm left with such a blessing, and awe and wonder
How do I make that gift I have received faith in action?
How do I take the absolute transformation of circumstances
Turned into strength and hope and a sparkling life
To shout from the mountaintops that hope is alive?

My head and heart know that it is moment by moment
In each opportunity God gives for standing up in courage
For telling our stories and being absolutely changed by them
For reaching out in unconditional and unfathomable love

And isn't that what the birth of that Child is all about?

No comments: