Jul 17, 2012

Surrender




It became quickly apparent
That being thrown into the abyss
Would require something more of me
More than will or determination or fortitude

I knew surrender was the only way
Yet, I thought I had surrendered
But looking back I was only willing
To give up  parts of me at a time
There was that control again.

I had the skills needed...
I could manage, direct, influence
Fix, rescue, mend, release, save
Even in this new darkness

But so much of the healing
That has taken place
Has something to do with total surrender
For there is a great plan.

Yet it is not my plan
There is something far greater
When trust finally becomes a way of life
When total acceptance
Washes over you and changes your soul

And when, finally,
You are becoming
Who you were created to be.

No comments: