Jul 23, 2012

Healing Hands

My eyes scanned the lushness
Of each photo—
Each one telling its own story
All that each revealed, a deep treasure.

And then I see one that will always
Be indelibly etched on my soul
The healing hands of James…
“There is no testimony without the test.”

How deeply the thought, even now,
Shapes my thoughts and understanding
How I see the photograph even in my dreams
And how the memory of it stays with me.

I know that moment was filled with Spirit
Was a way of reaching my soul
Through the artist who brought the story to life
And I am deeply grateful for the moment
Where I know the touch of healing hands in my life.

For as I experienced that day, that place
It was the deeper connection with the Holy
That continues to nudge me
With the knowledge that I am changed

An inexplicable jewel on my journey
Seeking and finding the Spirit that is alive
In each person I meet in a brand new way
Weaving my faith with Presence

I am awed.

Note:  When I had the gift of traveling to New Mexico this spring, I got to meet Lenny Foster in Taos and to experience his gallery of his amazing photography.  If you get a chance, go to his website.  I was so struck and so wrapped in the presence of God. Website:  www.lennyfoster.com

No comments: