Mar 14, 2011

Seeking You, Finding You

Sometimes I strive so hard to seek you
And other times I fall away so easily
Needing reminders that you are my center
Seeking you in all the ways I can. Let me be open.

To seeking you and finding you in the silent night
In the solitude of the raindrops on my roof
Or a quiet walk with the sun coming up over the lake
Inviting you in again to stay with me. Let me receive.

I must search for the sacred spaces sometimes
And quiet my mind and soul to do the reflective work
So that as I seek you and find you on this Lenten journey
Searching becomes my passion that spills over. Let me explore.

Divine presence, in the holy darkness or the brilliant light
You are the one who draws me to you in a way that is authentic
Creating the rhythm of my soul and allowing me to examine
Finding all the ways that lead me further in love with you. Change my heart.

Empty me of all that does not worship
Fill me with the passionate love
Hungering soul that needs your food
Thirsting in the desert that needs quenching
Satisfying the longing and the yearning
Stretch me, open me, allow me, mold me, use me
All for your glory.

No comments: