Mar 11, 2009

Singing in My Soul

When I finally learn
That walking through valleys
Helps me seek and draw near
To The Holy One--
Is when I find peace

Darkness and shadows 
Can surround and consume,
Fear and doubt can set in

But when trust and hope
Are finally lived in truth,
That's when I hear it--
The singing in my soul

It may start with lament--
The wails of pain that hold me

But slowly it is in the singing
Through the sorrow
That I learn my life's song

Reminding me
I walk by faith and not by sight
And I am moved by this deep mystery

The God who NEVER leaves
Who has a bigger plan
Than I can possibly dream
Is present deep within me 
And I am enveloped
In unfathomable awe and wonder

As the darkness changes to light
And then God paints instead
A rainbow, a masterpiece
Of vivid and vibrant colors again

And out of the dark I always hear it:
First one note, then another and another
Joining in a melody that is uniquely mine.

A tune that begins softly,
Then builds in intensity.
Increasing and lifting to new heights
Pulling me out of every depth

Becoming a beautiful piece of music--
My music, my path, my choice, my life
To the point of clear and ringing harmony
Purest praise that I sing not with my voice

But with the song that wells up in my soul


No comments: