Feb 13, 2009

TO THE CENTER, a poem

To the Center

I have come to the center, where I am rooted in God's love

In this place there is no need for striving,

Impatience or seeking approval.

All I am flows out of God's presence

Life is a silent dance revolving around God

Alive in the artwork and music of His love

Life With God and In God and Through God

Is to experience him in my brokenness

But encounter his complete wholeness

And approach the throne of grace

With all the devotion I can muster.

I don't have to withdraw from the world

Rather, respond to the world from my center

For my center--my God--is what has changed me

And how I desire to bring Him glory through a life changed

Cutting away the old dead blooms that shrivel and die

So that new blossoms can burst forth in vivid brightness

Because seeing God face to face is more sacred and deeper

It is all-encompassing to come to a place of rich communion

The wonder and mystery enveloping my soul

In the awe and splendor of the moment

Surrounded in abundant grace


1 comment:

KelliGirl said...

Awesome! You know where I think this should go next!

It reminds me of the song:
Jesus be the center
Be my source be my light Jesus
Jesus be the center
Be my song Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in my sails
Be the reason that I live

Jesus Jesus
Jesus be my vision
Be my help
Be my guide Jesus

Lovely.