Feb 9, 2009

Longing

Hungry and thirsty, I come

This void inside me like a noisy cymbal

Instead of a quiet place within my soul--

Fill my cup

Longing to be what you created me to be

But falling short so many times

Like a robin with a broken wing

Wanting to soar in the sky

Make me whole

The stirrings within me

Only filled by surrendering all

Loving completely, forgiving authentically

Being made new everyday

Grace heals

Allow me to become the bridge

Instead of the stumbling block

The rainbow, instead of the storm

Maker of my heart.

For the longing deep in my soul

Can only be filled by your love

Through the glory of the cross

Longing.

Filled.

Whole.

Grace.

Maker.

Glory.

1 comment:

Laura said...

this is so beautiful, JerryLyn.

I love this: "Longing to be what you created me to beBut falling short so many times"

So true. So me.

Thank God for His grace.