Dec 9, 2013

Making Space

In Advent I am called more deeply
To a sense of attentiveness
To the world around me
And the soul inside me

No matter where I am on my journey
God shows me new things with new eyes
In the waiting there are so many gifts to behold
And in my life of prayer and contemplation
I am called to draw in deeper

When I can settle into the peace
And let go of the busyness of the season
There are gifts in the reflection
That allow me to see, to notice, to awake

In each Advent season, it seems
I need to make space in a new way
To reflect, renew, restore
So that I am ready to be led
By that little Child

What is familiar becomes new again
The singing of the hymns resound in my soul
The reading of the texts are understood in a new way
And there is an illumination of what is coming

But it requires silence and thought
Not rushing through the days
Not running to Bethlehem
But putting one step in front of the other

Being aware of the journey
In the waiting.  In the reflecting.
In the attentiveness in my heart
In the opening of my soul.


No comments: