Feb 15, 2013

Listening

As I walk the Lenten journey
Help me to examine myself
With introspection, let me see my soul
And open me to your transformation.

More than that, help me to listen--
To listen with ears of faith
To listen not to just what is said
But what is left unspoken

Keep my eyes focused on You
And keep my heart focused on hope
As you do the work in me to draw me
Ever closer to Your throne of grace.

Let me listen to the cries of the world
And teach me how to respond in loving compassion
And let me not be quick with my words
But thoughtful, taking in all that I am hearing

Let me listen for seeds of promise
To the earth and all its life
To hearts of others that dream
Let me listen for hope and healing.

Let me learn that solitude
Is a gracious of gift
Of sitting with you in silence
And being wrapped in your generous love.

Teach me how to listen.

No comments: