Jun 10, 2010

Beacon of Light

I find there is not enough light

To illumine every place I step

To light the way on the path

That I need to follow.

But there is enough light

Just for this step

Just for this moment

To be left breathless

By God's working,

His awakening me in this way.

I think of a ship on the ocean

And the lighthouse brigtening the way

It is still dark, but ahead there is a glimmer

And then a glow, that seems to call them home

And now I see it everywhere

Because I am alive to it through the Spirit

That moves so deeply I am brimming with hope

For I know the ordinary gives way to extraordinary

A beacon of light shining

Within and lending the light to others

Just for this step, this moment

To be embraced, and changed

The light is like that

The darkness being left behind

The glimmer, the glow, the burning bright

Of the light that is hope

1 comment:

KelliGirl said...

Jerry,
You are such a bright light...allowing God to illumine you and show others the way. Your heart, put forth through words, is a thing of beauty.

I am so glad and thankful that you're continuing to use your gift for writing and passion for Jesus to create beautiful works of love and praise. I'm so excited about the project you shared with me.

Remain in the light and keep following His call.

Sending you abundant blessings and prayers.
Love,
Kelli