Mar 24, 2010

From Winter to Spring


I wonder in these last wanderings through Lent


As winter turns into spring


And Lent leads to ressurrection


If my heart is ready....



Have I uncovered enough of what my soul contains?


Or is there hurt lingering or anger masked over


Have I opened the wound to reveal the source--


And have I allowed healing instead of a heaping portion of bitterness?



Have I been able to look at my neighbor with new eyes


Do I see the pain that lingers there or do I make judgements--


So that my own guilt can be pushed down and not rear its ugly head


In my own wildnerness time, have I looked plainly and clearly in the mirror?



Uncovering takes courage, but yields new life

Unearthing is hard work but reveals

The depth of the rich soil at the roots

And allows for the new to spring forth vividly


I realize all my best intentions fall short

When don't surrender all my guilt and shame--

When I don't allow the transformation to occur

For I am washed clean by the blood of Christ



I recognize those blossoms and it is a sure sign of hope

Leaving winter behind and surging toward spring

Surrendering all to be changed by the wilderness journey

And walking toward the Cross of Calvary



No comments: