Aug 17, 2009

Special Place

I go to the special place again
Closing my eyes, opening my heart
Taking in the surroundings
Finding my solace there

I smell the sweetness of the wildflowers
And feel the velvet of the soft grass
The whisper the forest breeze
Brushes a calm over me

I hear the trickle of the stream
And the birds singing in the tall trees
I see the beauty of creation
Drawing me gently home

A little cove at my childhood farm
Where I go in my memory for peace
A reminder of a simpler place and time
Yet still the very thought brings me tranquility

A little girl's secret hideout
To dream big dreams
To be enveloped in God's creation
To feel a sense of belonging to something greater

And when a woman now recalls
The splendor of that special place
She is brought back again
Finding refreshment and renewal

She recalls the lessons brought to life
Where she met God and he molded her
And reminds her that the joyful girl is still alive
Inside of her heart and at the depth of her soul

That special place, though no longer mine
Still brought to life in my thoughts and dreams
Giving me strength through sensing God's presence
Transformed into the girl filled with wonder and hope


No comments: